There's nothing like a hot cup of hot chocolate on a cold winter's day. The only thing better? When it tastes like the most iconic flavour of the season! Make just the Candy Cane Hot Chocolate or go all out and add the Candy Cane Marshmallows for a truly decadent treat. Want to be a little extra? Toast the Candy Cane Marshmallows.
Our Candy Cane Baking Set has everything you need!
☕️ Candy Cane Hot Chocolate (serves 5) ☕️
Candy Cane Marshmallow Ingredients:
1/2 cup water, divided
1 tablespoons unflavoured gelatin powder
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup white corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla
1 teaspoon JRC Liquid Candy Cane
2-3 drops red gel food colouring
Punch Bowl Dazzle Dust Edible Glitter
Candy Cane Hot Chocolate Ingredients:
3 1/2 cups (770 g) chopped white baking chocolate
4 cups dairy or non-dairy milk of choice
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 - 2 teaspoons JRC Liquid Candy Cane
1 drop soft pink gel food colouring
Candy Cane Marshmallows
- Spray a 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, add 1/4 cup water and sprinkle in the gelatin powder. Do not stir. Set aside and allow the gelatin to bloom, about 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over high heat, combine the sugar, corn syrup, remaining 1/4 cup water, and salt. Bring to rolling boil and let boil for 1 minute.
- Whip the gelatin and water on low speed for 30 seconds. Increase the speed to medium and slowly pour the sugar mixture into the bowl, taking care not to pour it directly on the whisk in size and looks thick and shiny. Turn off the mixer, add the vanilla and Liquid Candy Cane, then whip on medium speed for 30 seconds, until incorporated.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer, making sure to scrape off any mixture stuck to the whisk attachment. Add the red gel food colouring to different areas of the mixture. Spray an offset spatula with cooking spray so that it doesn't stick to the mixture and gently fold in the colour to create a swirl. Do not overmix or the marshmallow will begin to break down and won't be as light and fluffy.
- Immediately pour the marshmallow into the prepared baking dish. Spray the offset spatula with cooking spray again and quickly spread the mixture in an ven later. Spray the top of the mixture lightly with cooking spray. Cover and let stand at room temperature for at last 8 hours, or overnight, to set. Even if you're in a hurry, let set for at least 4 hours.
- Flip the marshmallow onto a textured plastic cutting board (not a smooth or wooden cutting board or it will stick!). With a wet towel on hand to wipe the knife between cuts, cut the marshmallow into jumbo 3-inch squares.
- Store the marshmallows in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Candy Cane Hot Chocolate
- In a heat-resistant bowl, melt the white chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, bring the milk to a simmer. Remove from the heat and add the melted chocolate, vanilla, JRC Liquid Candy Cane, and soft pink food colouring. Whisk together until combined.
- Divide the hot chocolate evenly among 5 cups. Add a Candy Cane Marshmallow to each and garnish with anything you'd like including crushed candy cane, Punch Bowl Edible Glitter Dazzle Dust, or fondant candy canes. Serve immediately.
- Store the hot chocolate in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Find more recipes, tips and tricks in our cookbook, Jenna Rae Cakes and Sweet Treats, over 100 recipes for the modern baker.