Cakes 101 In-Person Cake Decorating Class
Join Jenna Rae for a Cakes 101 Class!
About the workshop:
Join Jenna in our head office in Winnipeg for a fun-filled evening of learning cake basics! This class is perfect for the beginner who wants to learn all the finer details of what goes into creating an outstanding cake! Jenna will demo how to create an airy sponge-cake batter and how to achieve the perfect bake, and how to create our signature creamy american buttercream. You’ll then get hands on with taking a cotton candy cake from individual parts to one delicious and beautifully decorated cake!
What you’ll learn:
Jenna will demonstrate how to create an airy sponge-cake batter and how to achieve the perfect bake, and how to create our signature creamy american buttercream. You’ll then get hands on with stacking a cotton candy cake, learning how to trim and crumb coat (and why!), and then Jenna will help you achieve a smooth buttercream finish, crisp buttercream edges, and the signature cotton candy peaks! This class is great for any skill level (especially for beginners!) who want to learn all the skills they’ll use time and time again for birthday cakes, celebrating special occasions, and any other time you want to create a beautiful cake from scratch!
- How to make and bake a sponge cake (Jenna to demo)
- How to make creamy american buttercream (Jenna to demo)
- How to cut and stack a cake
- How to trim and crumb coat a cake (and why we do it!)
- How to apply a smooth buttercream finish with crisp buttercream edges
- How to achieve the ‘water colour’ buttercream look
- How to pipe final decorative details
- Workbook with recipes and instructions you get to take home
- 3 hours of instruction from Jenna
- Ample time for Q+A throughout the class! Come with your questions about cake baking and decorating!
- A finished 6-inch cotton candy cake to enjoy.
When: Thursday, January 18th, 2024
Time: 6pm - 9pm
Where: Jenna Rae Cakes Head Office in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Open to all skill levels.
*Please note, no refunds available. You will receive a credit for the amount paid to use towards a future class.