Join Jenna from the comfort of your home and create your very own Signature Jenna Rae Cakes Red Velvet Cake! Transform your kitchen into a cake studio as you follow along with Jenna and learn all of her best tips and tricks for taking a cake from baked to decorated so that you’ll feel confident to make again and again– especially for the upcoming holiday season!
This 90-minute class over Zoom will take you through stacking a cake, trimming and crumb coating, then decorating your red velvet cake with a smooth exterior, crisp buttercream edges and Jenna’s signature peaks on top! There will also be ample time for a Q+A where Jenna will be able to answer all of your cake questions (and other questions you may have from Jenna Rae Cakes + Sweet Treats!).
This class is perfect for any skill level! Just bring your enthusiasm, willingness to learn and enjoy the process. This class also makes the perfect early holiday gift for the aspiring cake decorator in your life.
Class is held over Zoom on Sunday, November 22nd from 3pm – 4:30pm CST. A Zoom link will be emailed out to you prior to class.
We are using the recipe for the Red Velvet Cake from Jenna Rae Cakes and Sweet Treats which means, if you have a copy of the book, you are able to prepare everything on your own for the class. For the class, you will need to have the Red Velvet cake baked and cooled (preferably baked the day before) and the Cream Cheese Buttercream prepared and at room temperature from page 171. See below the list of tools you will need for the class.
– Cake Turntable or Lazy Susan recommended (We love the Ateco 608 Revolving Cake Decorating Stand). You can also purchase a less industrial style by Wilton available at stores like Michaels.
– Large Offset Spatula (We prefer this Wilton 409-7712 Angled Icing Spatula, 9-Inch) You can also purchase off-set spatulas at places like Bulk Barn and Michaels.
– *Cake Smoother. You can use your offset spatula if you’d like but a cake smoother is definitely recommended for a smooth finish and sharp edges! We like this one as the edges are completely even with the handle.
– Fridge Space for your cake
– Spatula or spoon to mix the buttercream
– Scissors for the piping bag
– Piping bag– no tip required!
*= Not required but will help make your cake have the most professional finish.