We’re hiring! Jenna Rae Cakes is currently looking to fill a Full-Time Baker position.
FULL-TIME BAKER POSITION
Candidate Profile Summary
We are looking for someone with passion, and experience, for creating high quality baked goods under time and space constraints with a commitment to consistency and detail work. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, be a team player that works hard and continually goes above and beyond the basic requirements that will improve the bakery, and can positively solve problems. This individual is expected to have great organization and time management skills, and will have an additional background in customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Able to follow recipes to prepare a variety of menu items from scratch with little to no instruction
– Ability to take and follow direction
– Attention to fine detail required for all daily tasks
– Team player work ethic a must
– Ability to establish priorities and work independently as well as part of a team
– A passion for baking and creating must be evident in daily work
– Willingness to experiment with new flavours and ideas
– Continual creativity required to aid in the execution of new products which fit the Jenna Rae Cakes brand and current line of products
– Work closely with all staff to ensure products are produced and stored in a timely and efficient manner
– Responsible for proper storage, labelling and use of all food supplies to prevent unnecessary spoilage and to maintain cost control
– Ensure overall cleanliness and health standards are being met
– Responsible for exceptional customer service
– Able to learn menu items, including cake details, to take orders for product daily over the phone
– Consistently displaying a positive and happy demeanour when customer service is required
– Responsible for daily and weekly cleaning tasks as per cleaning schedule
Credentials and Experience
– Pastry Arts diploma or equivalent education favoured, but not required
– Experience in a bakery setting required
– Experience with high volume production of piped goods
– Experience with macarons, cupcakes, truffles and meringues an asset
– Experience and excellence in the customer service field mandatory
SOUND LIKE THE JOB FOR YOU?
All qualified applicants are welcome to apply via email to email@example.com. Applicants must submit 1 email only containing cover letter, resume and portfolio (no larger then 2mg per attachment). While we graciously thank all individuals for applying, only successful applicants will be selected for an interview.