Summer is for watermelon as many ways as you can enjoy it! From freshly cut slices enjoyed by the pool or at the beach to transforming watermelon into treats to enjoy all season long, there's something super summery about watermelon. We've taken this summer favourite, added some of our Liquid Candy Melon for sweet taste of candy, and turned it all into a popsicle! Keep these in the freezer for a refreshing treat while the days are long and the sun is hot.
☀️🍉 Candy Melon Popsicles (makes 4-6 popsicles) 🍉☀️
1 medium watermelon
2/3 + 1/4 cup greek yogurt, divided
1/3 cup water
6 tablespoons icing sugar, divided
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 teaspoons JRC Liquid Candy Melon
1/2 cup green chocolate melting wafers
1/2 cup coral chocolate melting wafers
1/4 cup sprinkles
- With a large chef's knife, cut your medium watermelon in half lengthwise. Cut one of the halves into half again. Cut out the watermelon flesh from one quarter into small cubes and set aside. Scoop out the watermelon fresh from the remaining watermelon and transfer to a blender. Puree until smooth. Strain watermelon through a fine-mesh sieve and set the watermelon juice aside. Discard the solids.
- In a medium bowl whisk together 2/3 cup of greek yogurt, 1/2 cup of the reserved watermelon juice, 3 tablespoons of icing sugar, and 1 teaspoon Liquid Candy Melon until fully combined. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl whisk together 1 1/2 cups reserved watermelon juice, water, remaining greek yogurt, remaining icing sugar, lemon juice, and remaining Liquid Candy Melon until fully combined. Set aside.
- To a 6-popsicle mould, alternate adding a small portion of each mixture from your bowls and pieces of small cubed watermelon until moulds are full. Add your popsicles and freeze for 6 hours of overnight, or until the sticks don't move when gently wiggled.
- To decorate, add coral chocolate melting wafers to a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring well until smooth. In another microwave safe bowl, add the green melting wafers and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring well until smooth. Pour each colour of melted chocolate into its own piping bag. Decorating one popsicle at a time, cut the tip and drizzle chocolate over popsicle. Immediately top with sprinkles.
- To store decorated popsicles, place on parchment in a container and store in the fridge.
Watch our team make these Candy Melon Popsicles here!
Find more recipes, tips and tricks in our cookbook, Jenna Rae Cakes and Sweet Treats, over 100 recipes for the modern baker.