When cool mornings set in, let the mouthwatering smell and irresistible taste of freshly made Pumpkin Spice Pancakes welcome you to the day. We go all out with these pancakes by topping them with Pumpkin Spice Whip and Salted Caramel Sauce! If you're short on time, just make the pancakes! Pro tip, make the Salted Caramel Sauce in advance and keep it in your fridge for the next time you want to make these decadent and seasonal pancakes.
🥞 Pumpkin Spice Pancakes (makes 12 pancakes) 🥞
Salted Caramel Sauce Ingredients:
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons water
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons whipping (35%) cream
1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into 1-inch cubes
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pumpkin Spice Whip Ingredients:
2 cups whipping (35%) cream
1/4 cup icing sugar
1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon JRC Liquid Pumpkin Spice
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups whole (3.25%) milk
1/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon JRC Liquid Pumpkin Spice
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Edible Glitter from our Sweater Weather set!
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Salted Caramel Sauce
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the sugar and water and cook, without stirring, until the syrup turns a deep golden brown and is bubbling slowly. Keep close watch to avoid burning it.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Very slowly, whisk the cream into the pot. The mixture will bubble a lot as you add the cream. You may want to wear oven mitts while you whisk to prevent any splattrs or steam from burning your skin.
- Add the butter and salt and whisk until combined. Let cool for at least 30 minutes.
Pumpkin Spice Whip
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, add the cream, icing sugar, Liquid Pumpkin Spice, and vanilla and whip on medium-high speed until the mixture looks light and fluffy and medium peaks form, about 2 minutes. Be careful not to overwhip.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover, and place in the fridge.
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt and stir to combine. In a small bowl, whisk the milk, pumpkin, melted butter, eggs, JRC Liquid Pumpkin Spic and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Do not overmix. It’s okay if the batter looks lumpy.
- Heat a small amount of vegetable oil or butter in a griddle or large frying pan over medium heat. Add ⅓ cup of the batter for each pancake. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes, 3-4 minutes; peek at the underside to make sure it is nicely browned before flipping. Flip and continue to cook until golden brown on the bottom, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- To plate pancakes, use a medium cookie dough scoop to scoop Pumpkin Spice Whip on top. Drizzle with Salted Caramel Sauce. Sift on a dusting of pumpkin pie spice and your choice of Edible Glitter from our Sweater Weather Set!
Find more recipes, tips and tricks in our cookbook, Jenna Rae Cakes and Sweet Treats, over 100 recipes for the modern baker.