As a senior member of the Jenna Rae Cakes team, the Assistant Manager works directly with the Chief of Operations, Customer Service Representative and Head Baker to ensure that the store is operating at optimum levels regarding customer service, employee training, and product quality. Position is on a 1 year term with opportunity to extend.
- Assist in the overall daily operations, store cleanliness and maintenance of the store including reviews with staff, training new front of house employees.
- Accountable to the Chief of Operations regarding feedback on employee performance, and directs management to any necessary follow up steps
- Communicating with the Customer Service Representative regarding orders and daily product
- Monitoring product freshness and maintaining quality control
- Ensuring all orders leaving the store are completed to the proper specifications
- Using judgement to navigate customer interactions, and taking the necessary steps to rectify unique situations
- Ensuring all wholesale orders are accounted for, and charged when necessary
- Relaying contra orders (Academy Florist) to the Customer Service Representative (Mackenzie Chaudhary)
- Communicating to the Chief of Operations when equipment or infrastructure needs an upgrade or some attention
All qualified applicants are welcome to apply via email to our General Manager Syd@jennaraecakes.com with their cover letter and resume. While we graciously thank all individuals for applying, only successful applicants will be selected for an interview. Applications close on August 14th, 2021.
- Minimum 2 years management experience. Restaurant or retail management an asset.
- Familiarity with Google Drive.
- Available to work at all three storefront locations (580 Academy Road, The Forks + Unit 9A-20 Island Shore Boulevard) and JRC Head Office.