🍬 Chewy Pumpkin Spice Caramels (makes 24 3- x 1 1/2-inch caramels) 🍬
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups whipping (35%) cream
3/4 cup white corn syrup
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon JRC Liquid Pumpkin Spice*
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into 1-inch cubes
24K Magic Edible Glitter Dazzle Dust*
*Shop our Sweater Weather set
- Spray a 12- x 9-inch baking dish generously with cooking spray. Line it with parchment paper and spray again with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, cook the sugar, cream corn syrup, and vanilla until a candy thermometer reads 245ºF. Do not stir.
- Add the butter and stir until melted. Continue to cook the caramel until the temperature reaches 245ºF again. Once temperature is reached, stir in Liquid Pumpkin Spice.
- Pour the mixture into the prepare baking dish. Let stand for 5 minutes before sprinkling with 24k Magic Edible Glitter Dazzle Dust. Let stand at room temperature for 2 to 4 hours, until set completely.
- Transfer the caramel to a cutting board by lifting the edges of the parchment paper. Pull the parchment paper away from the sides of the caramel. Using a shark chef's knife, cut into 24 pieces, each about 3- x 1 1/2-inches. Wrap individual pieces in wax paper.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Check out our Instagram to see our team make these and other treats made with the best flavour of fall!
Find more recipes, tips and tricks in our cookbook, Jenna Rae Cakes and Sweet Treats, over 100 recipes for the modern baker.