Turn the lights down low, wrap yourself up in a cozy blanket, press play your favourite fall movie (we're looking at you, Hocus Pocus 2) and snack on this Pumpkin Spice Pecan Popcorn during your next family movie night! Glittery, sweet and perfectly spiced, this popcorn is a seasonal take on our classic caramel pecan popcorn.
🍿 Pumpkin Spice Pecan Popcorn (makes 10 cups) 🍿
10 cups popped popcorn
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup clear corn syrup
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon JRC Liquid Pumpkin Spice*
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup pecan halves
1/2 cup chopped white chocolate melting wafers, for garnish
Orange You Glad Edible Glitter Dazzle Dust*
24k Gold Edible Glitter Dazzle Dust*
*available in our Sweater Weather set!
- Preheat the oven to 250ºF. Spray a baking sheet generously with cooking spray. Line a second baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour the popcorn onto the greased baking sheet. Remove and discard any kernels that did not pop.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the sugar, corn syrup, butter, and salt to a boil, stirring constantly with the heat-safe spatula. Let boil for 5 minutes, continuing to stir. Remove from the heat, stir in the vanilla, Liquid Pumpkin Spice, and baking soda, and immediately pour the mixture evenly over the popcorn. Using a spatula, stir the popcorn to coat evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes, removing the pan from the oven every 15 minutes to stir the popcorn. Once popcorn has finished baking, sprinkle with Orange You Glad and set aside to cool to room temperature. Break into bite sized pieces on the baking sheet.
- Increase oven temperature to 350ºF. Arrange the pecans in an even layer on the lined baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes, then let cool.
- In a heat-resistant bowl, melt the chocolate wafers in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until smooth. Transfer the chocolate to a piping bag and cut off the tip. Drizzle evenly over the popcorn, sprinkle with the toasted pecans and 24k Magic Edible Glitter and let cool to room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. Make sure not to leave it in a sunny area or the chocolate will melt.
Baker's Tip: Want to spice up your white chocolate? Once melted, stir in a couple drops of Liquid Pumpkin Spice!
Find more recipes, tips and tricks in our cookbook, Jenna Rae Cakes and Sweet Treats, over 100 recipes for the modern baker.