When Halloween candy is overflowing, make this Halloween Brownie Party Square! Perfect for a Halloween party, these Halloween Brownie Party Squares feature all your favourite Halloween chocolate, a spooky green glitter and the most fun sprinkles. Make them a wow your guests with a devilishly delicious treat.
🎃 Halloween Brownie Party Square (makes 12 party squares) 🎃
Chocolate Lover's Brownie Ingredients:
1 cup + 2 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups chopped chocolate bars or candies. We used an assortment of Aero Bars, M&M's, KitKats, Pretzels, Snickers Bars, White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, Rolos, Mars Bar Bites, Twix and Candy Corn!
Dark Chocolate Fudge Frosting Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups (330 g) chopped dark baking chocolate
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons whole (3.25%) milk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
2 3/4 cups icing sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3 cups (660 g) chopped milk or dark baking chocolate
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Magic Potion Glitter Trio
Sprinkles of your choice!
1 cup green melting chocolate
Chopped candy, chocolate bars or pretzel pieces.
Chocolate Lover's Brownie
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Line it with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the butter, oil, and sugar on medium-high speed for 1 minute. Add the eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla and continue tow hip for an additional minute, or until the mixture lightens in colour.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer. Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the bowl. Add the salt. Using a spatula, gently fold in the dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in chocolate/candy additions. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Using an offset spatula or the back of a tablespoon, spread it into an even layer. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out almost clean with moist crumbs (you don't want a clean knife for fudgy brownies) Let cool to room temperature.
Dark Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, heat the chocolate, milk, and butter, stirring often until fully melted and combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the icing sugar on low speed. Slowly pour the chocolate mixture into the icing sugar. Add the vanilla. Increase the speed to high and beat for 4 minutes, until smooth. Use immediately.
- Pour the Dark Chocolate Fudge Frosting over the brownie. Using an offset spatula, spread it into an even layer. If you're having trouble spreading the frosting, warm the spatula by dipping it in a cup of hot water and drying it, then resume spreading. Continue dipping the spatula in hot water as needed. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour to set.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer th squares to a cutting board by lifting the edges of the parchment paper. Pull the parchment paper away from the sides of the squares. Using a sharp chef's knife, cut into 12 equal squares.
- in a heat-resistant bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until smooth. Add the ol and stir well to incorporate.
- Working with one square at a time, dip the top of each square into the chocolate and shake gently to remove any excess. Set the square, chocolate side up, on the prepared baking sheet to harden.
- Once chocolate has hardened, sprinkle or pump the Emerald Green Edible Glitter from the Magic Potion Glitter trio to onto each square.
- Place green chocolate melting wafers in a heat-resistant bowl and heat in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until melted and smooth. Working with one square at a time, drizzle chocolate across the top. Immediately top with sprinkles and chopped candy pieces.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week. Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before serving.
Find more recipes, tips and tricks in our cookbook, Jenna Rae Cakes and Sweet Treats, over 100 recipes for the modern baker.