Your go-to movie night snack has been upgraded! Candy Cane Popcorn is a candy cane candied popcorn tinted a lovely shade of pastel pink and is topped with candy cane white chocolate and sprinkled with crushed candy cane. Need a stocking stuffer or a delicious gift? Package the popcorn in cellophane bags and tie with a ribbon.
🍿 Candy Cane Popcorn (makes 10 cups) 🍿
Candy Cane Popcorn Ingredients:
10 cups popped popcorn
2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup whole (3.25%) milk
1 tablespoon clear corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon + 1/8 teaspoon JRC Liquid Candy Cane
1 drop soft pink gel food colouring
1 cup chopped white baking chocolate
1/4 cup crushed candy cane
24k Magic Edible Glitter Dazzle Dust
Candy Cane Popcorn
- Preheat the oven to 175ºF. Line 1 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the popped popcorn in a large, heat-resistant bowl and remove and discard any kernels that did not pop.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, cook the sugar, milk, corn syrup, and salt until a candy thermometer inserted into the middle of the mixture reads 230ºF. Remove from the heat, whisk in 1/2 teaspoon of the JRC Liquid Candy Cane and food colouring, then immediately pour the mixture over the popcorn. Using a spatula, stir to coat evenly.
- Transfer the candy-coated popcorn to the prepared baking sheet and spread it in an even layer. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with 24k Magic Edible Glitter Dazzle Dust. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a heat-resistant bowl, melt the white chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until smooth. Add the remaining 1/8 teaspoon of JRC Liquid Candy Cane and stir until fully incorporated. Pour into a piping bag and cut a small hole in the tip. Drizzle candy cane white chocolate over top of the popcorn. Top immediately with crushed candy cane.
- Break the popcorn into bite-size pieces and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Find more recipes, tips and tricks in our cookbook, Jenna Rae Cakes and Sweet Treats, over 100 recipes for the modern baker.